Sunday 9 December 2012

Coming Home in December

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

The song is playing in my head whenever I say or think of this line. Not only am I excited to celebrate this festive season but I am looking forward to coming home.

Around this time next week, I'll be home. Literally and figuratively.

Literally because I'll be in Manila, where the bestest Christmas is spent and felt. Filipinos are known to spend Christmas the longest and grandest.

Figuratively because I will be reunited with my hubby, my heart's home. Two months of spending time apart is almost over. I'm coming home.


Grand BVLGARI tree at Ngee Ann City

As I have mentioned about my countdown, we won't be spending Christmas with our families this year. We are flying back to Singapore even before the Noche Buena because we are only attending my best friend's wedding on the 18th. My work leaves are not enough to cover the days until Christmas, so it's just the two of us in Singapore.

The towering Christmas tree at Ngee Ann
Just the same, I am extremely excited about spending the holidays with him. Even if it's just the two of us. We are preparing Christmas dinner, drinking wine, enjoying our food and getting merry.


Sailing on our honeymoon at Pearl Farm
After all, Christmas is all about spending time with family. He is my family. For a change and for the first time in our lives, it's just going to be the two of us on Christmas day.

Christmas mode on: Andy William's It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment