Thursday 16 August 2012

10 Things to Really Do Before "I Do"

In my previous entry, "10 Things to Do Before 'I Do'", I enumerated 10 things I'd like to do before getting hitched. Now, I came up with another 10 must-do things before I tie the knot next month.

It's more of a realistic, attainable list that I know I must do and shouldn't get out of.

1) Make more room in my closet.
I have started cleaning out my closet, disposing of clothes, magazines and what-not, to make way for his stuff. I have way too many stuff that I had forgotten I have them. Finally letting go of those knick knacks I've had all these years. Yes, I have accumulated stuff I don't need over the years and most of them still look new. They're all in my drawers and closet.

2) Laptop spring cleaning.
I've been meaning to organise my files here in my laptop for as long as I could remember. Yes, I should do that. I need to separate my work files from my personal ones. Until now, last year's travel photos (Europe, Bali, Boracay, Manila) are still in this SD card, and this year's (Europe, Manila, Baguio) are in another. I know, I know. I should back them up. I should also clean up my external drive and save my valuable photos in my external drive.

In need of cleaning

3) Eat healthy.
I know I should avoid sodas, sweets, fastfood, chips and chocolates as well as anything fried but so far, I am successful at only one thing: chocolates. I don't indulge everyday but I promised myself I'd go easy on the unhealthy stuff before the wedding. Okay, I will try harder.

NO to unhealthy food
Image courtesy of Core & More Health & Fitness


4) Stick to my workout regimen.
I follow a strict workout calendar that consists of intense cardio with yoga. Thing is, when I feel so sore the following day, I tend to miss an exercise and try to make it up the next day. I'm a bit behind the calendar. I should motivate myself more not only during weekends if I want to rock that wedding gown.

5) Luxuriate in a facial mask.
The plan is to luxuriate in a facial mask 21 days before the big day. I plan to purchase SK II's facial treatment mask and put one on before bed. It's supposed to clear the skin and give that lustrous bridal glow. Good luck to my pocket. Each mask costs about SG$22.00!

Facial treatment mask for a radiant bride

6) Update my travel blog.
There's so much to say about the places I've been to over the years. I plan to document my adventures so that, whenever I feel like going back in time, I'd re-visit this blog and feel blessed.

Paris, je t'aime

7) Bond with my besties.
They say your life changes when you get married. Although I know that going out with friends is not going to be an issue when I get married, I'm certain that priorities will change. I would like to be able to enjoy my last few days as a single gal with my single friends.

8) Update my Starbucks journal.
I still keep a journal. That's the reason why I collect Starbuck's yearly journals. Thing is, I'd have entries for a few days and nada in the next couple of months. The pages are clean and are in dire need of entries. Let me do that soon.
Image courtesy of Cosmo PH


9) Meet with all my wedding suppliers.
This is top priority when I fly back home in the next few weeks. We've got to plan, plan and plan! Have to go through the details of the wedding, otherwise, I'd never be able to relax in the coming weeks.

10) Pamper myself.
I owe it to myself for working hard and stressing about the wedding. It's going to be a lot of fun, I know, but in the meantime, I'm going to have some quality "me time" and pamper myself.

Spa
Image courtesy of Sabi Sabi
***
For my previous entry, visit "10 Things to Do Before 'I Do'".

No comments:

Post a Comment