Tuesday 24 July 2012

Our Wedding Accessories: Designs Avenue


Wedding accessories are items that will "bind" and symbolise the oneness of the couple. These include pillows for the bearers, the bible, candles, secondary veil and cord.

These days, couples can customise these accessories based on their theme or motif. Yes, modern weddings have become creative, interesting and thematic.

I started researching suppliers for our wedding accessories a couple of nights ago and, yesterday, I confirmed a supplier and finalised the design.

Thanks to Janess Ojeda of Designs Avenue for being responsive and accommodating. My package includes:

2 pillows for the bearers (there are sling bags and boxes, too!)
2 matches (designed matches!)
1 bible with bible cover
1 secondary veil
1 cord in rosary style (another option is to have it in lace)
1 set of Unity candle (which includes 1 big candle, 2 secondary, 2 lighting and 2 offertory candles)

Top to it all, I get a free pair of shoe clips - something feathery with maroon accents. These are used to jazz up your pair of flats or pumps. Mine is going to be customised. I'm going to use them and clip on my strappy wedding heels for that added kick.

Shoe clips by Designs Avenue
Photo from Designs Avenue's Multiply site
I was so happy with Jan's quick response via email that, before end of business day yesterday, we have already nailed what I want. Plus, I simply asked her if they do wedding garters and she gladly included it in my package. For free! I am one happy bride-to-be.

Our wedding accessories will be ready for delivery or pick-up by next week. Not bad. I'm excited!

A sample customised pillow in Victorian theme by Designs Avenue
Photo from Designs Avenue's Facebook page
Since our motif is maroon on damask theme, Jan is incorporating the pattern in the design of the pillows as well as the trimmings of candles with maroon ribbons. A monogram of our initials will also be added onto the biggest candle. I can't wait to see our wedding accessories!

And because I won't be home (in Manila) until late August, I requested Jan to take pictures of the items before delivery. She'd gladly do it for me. I am that excited!

Peach pillows, cord and bible - all customised by Designs Avenue
Photo from Designs Avenue's Facebook page

***
Designs Avenue Events
5F Matus Wedding Boutique, Atrium, Megamall
Mandaluyong City
Facebook page
M: +63917 8863786
E: janojeda@designsavenue.com
Contact person: Janess Frances Ojeda

No comments:

Post a Comment