Thursday 28 June 2012

The Couturier: Tina Basa-Reyes Gown Salon

I feel productive today. A couple of days back, I sent out a "Notice for Fitting" to MY dream team on Facebook. Nope, they aren't suppliers. These are the ladies of my entourage, the women I can't live without. They are the members of my dream team.

With three months to go before the big day, I have to give my couturier ample time to work her magic on the ladies' gowns. Like any normal bridal party, my ladies come in different shapes and sizes. How interesting is that? And I love it!

I feel confident because my couturier, Tina Basa Reyes, is an experienced master cutter. A master cutter understands couture. We can all come up with designs from the simplest sheath dress to the grandest ball gown but only a master cutter would know how to go about achieving what you want, and make it work for your body type.

I circulated copies of gown designs and shades among the ladies and told them one important reminder: wear a comfortable bra, one that fits well and right. As expected, the responses were a riot! I was laughing like a mad woman in my workstation. These ladies are the bomb!

Anyway, backtracking a bit, I was checking out different designers and their work online, reading various reviews and came across Tina. I sent out numerous emails to prospective designers and from all those who responded, I liked Tina's proposal best.

I met her in April for my gown-fitting. I was in Manila for only a week and made a trip to her gown salon in San Juan for the initial fitting. After four days, I went back to fit the bodice that really shaped my body! My sister said I looked sexy!

 

Initial fitting on 13 April 2012

Look at all those gorgeous chiffon colours!

Different shades of maroon for my bridal entourage

"I'll make you a sexy bride," Tina says. Ah, music to my ears! This petite lady really knows how to bond with her bride. I'm sold!

"Haynaku, Marie! You are already my 200th bride so don't worry about a thing," she assures me.

"Promise? What if I gain weight?"

"Based on my experience, and believe me, walang tumatabang bride." She's heaven sent!

Now I can't wait to wear my gown and see the ladies in theirs, too!

So yeah. Today, I am productive. I updated this blog, circulated gown designs and shades, answered the ladies' queries, read their funny responses, contacted other suppliers, made and ordered our "Save the Date" cards, received and inspected our "Thank You" labels, reviewing my to-do list, crossing out items from that list and doing more research.

Three more months to go!


***
Tina Basa-Reyes Gown Salon
168 M Paterno St,
San Juan, Metro Manila
Phone: (632) 722 2277
Mobile: (63917) 844 3323

Tina's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment